6.23.2008

my latest project

a couple of weeks ago, i was trolling the d.i. for treasures (i seriously love that place) when i came upon a restaurant style high chair for $5! i had been looking for a chair like this one for a long time, but they were just more than i wanted to spend! i was pretty stoked, but the chair wasn't in the best shape, and it kind of made me sick to think of how many drooly kids had probably sucked on the front bar. so i figured i should probably just sand and restain it and i finally had some time this weekend to work on it. i think the end result turned out pretty well!



oh...yeah...obviously i'm not the neatest stainer either. check out my hand!

10 comments:

The Airharts said...

that turned out so cute!!! I think I will have to call you and get the details on how to do it to mine!

Nate and Heidi said...

That looks good! I definitely don't have the knack for finding good deals which totally bites because that turned out nice- except for your hand!
By the way the picture of you and Jon is soo cute. Love it!

Mom / Jolene said...

so cute, laura. you do have a knack with the deal.

Nielsen Family said...

I love that idea, but everytime I go to the d.i. I get a headache. I not a very good bargin shopper. Very cute!

Ginger said...

Pretty cool! Speaking of second hand, Easton loves your old clock by the way.

Carrie said...

I love it! what a great idea!!

Okay miss bargain shopper...if you are out and about this week and find any type of grand piano figurine, let me know! I'm on a mission for one...I'll explain later.

Holly Strong said...

Very cool!!! I need to do more bargain shopping, I just never have the time. Hey, I want to comment on the crap you eat...update you stinker!!!!!!!!!!

Sedge said...

You need to drop by my house - I have lots of "possible projects"...good job! AJ

Toni said...

Can I just say that I am soooooooo jealous!!!!! Nice find!

Tamber said...

It is so cute. THat is a great project, you did a great job.