6.06.2008

flashback friday-room of balloons

about 6 months after tom and i started dating, i asked him to go to a girl's choice dance with me. and you know how asking someone to high scool dances goes...you always have to do it in some crazy way, which looking back on it, is pretty dumb. anyway, i can't even remember how i had asked him, but he answered back by putting "yes" in one of the balloons seen here in my room! this picture doesn't do justice to how many balloons were actually in there. apparently he and my mom sat there all day blowing them up! the things you do for love!

sidenotes: yes, i have a shirtless man calendar hanging on my wall...i think my friend gave it to me as a joke. seriously.

also, the little boy that tom's holding...that would be my cute nephew chayden. to give you an idea of how long tom and i have been together, that "little boy" will be turning TWELVE in a couple of months! CRAZY!!

4 comments:

Toni said...

I love that you took a picture! How fun, you guys are cute!

Mom / Jolene said...

Tom, did we blow those up by mouth or did we use a compressor? I don't remember. Aren't you both SO CUTE! :) (Smiley Face for Tom)

Megan said...

I remember that. We had all of the balloons in the living room, down the hall and into the kitchen before we stuffed them all into your room. Chayden loved it.

Unknown said...

Isn't it so funny how much time & money we used to put into high school dances?!? At least you & Tom dated each other so that it all didn't go to waste! I can't believe how much I wasted on high school boyfriends! ughh!