4.28.2008

i heart free stuff

hello. my name is laura and i'm officially a dumpster diver.

now, let me start off by saying that i've NEVER dug through dumpsters before, but yesterday i took some garbage out to the dumpster, and it was filled to the top with cardboard boxes, and laying on the boxes were some patio chairs! i looked around to see if anyone was watching (which i guess wouldn't really have mattered 'cause i would've grabbed them anyway), and started trying to figure why in the world anyone would have thrown them away!

after a thorough inspection, i couldn't find anything wrong them them, so i snatched them up and took them back home with me! tom's face when i walked in the door with them was classic!

what can i say? i'm a sucker for free stuff!

10 comments:

darbs said...

i love it!!!!

The Buckley's said...

That is GREAT!!! They look really nice! Good job you dumpster diver!

The Airharts said...

Good find-you know me, I'm right there with ya!

Mom / Jolene said...

you go GIRL!!!

Megan said...

i would've done the EXACT same thing. they look like they are really nice.

Anonymous said...

When I came over to watch the game the other night I saw some kids take those chairs out of your neighbor's yard and toss them in the dumpster so watch out...you may have someone coming over and asking why you took their chairs!

judy said...

Those look nicer than the average lawn chair...you got lucky. It pays to dumpster dive.

Toni said...

Nice snag!!! I love finding treasures like that (you know, the free kind!) They look really nice!

Ginger said...

That is not fair! why didn't I see them first?

Amy said...

I can't believe someone was throwing those out! They look brand new. Great find!!