4.18.2008

flashback friday-char's!

i am a jordan high alum. that's right, i was a beetdigger! we had a school dance called the charlonian's ball (pronounced SHarlonian...charlonian's is the name for our drill team...don't ask, i don't know what it means!). anyway, char's ball was basically like prom but was girl's choice. so of course, i took thomas!

now, the reason for the grouchy face in this picture is two-fold. first, i HATE getting my picture taken. i can't figure out who took it because my mom is sitting next to me on the bed, and i can't see my dad snapping pictures away while we get ready for a dance. anyway, the second reason is because i was pissed about my hair! my friend jodi (gal on the phone) and i had gone to a beauty school to get up-do's done "professionally". well, jodi's ended up looking fabulous and mine looked hideous. in my mind, it was quite the crisis. i think i paid like, $5 to have it done, but that was $5 too much! when i got home i stormed into the bathroom and resorted to using the hot rollers.

looking back at the pictures from the dance (i'm saving those for another "flashback friday"), my hair looked just as bad as when the hair salon did it.

but whatever, i probably thought i was looking pretty good.

5 comments:

Mom / Jolene said...

You actually had that face from the time you were 11 until you were 20. If 'hair' was the reason for the grumpy face THAT day, what was the reason the other 3284 days? Hummm? SOOOO glad you grew out pf teenagehood.

Megan said...

Super grouchy!!!! I think I had that face most of my life regarding my hair.

Jonathan said...

Ha, I'd totally forgotten about Chars. I never got the name either.

Carrie said...

You need a crazy afro like me, then people just expect your hair to look crazy...
I remember during my teen years my cousin would scream and THROW her brush against the bathroom wall. Oh yeah, it's good to be grown up.

Unknown said...

I remember how vitally important it was to have cute hair for a dance! It was definitely a matter of life and death, so I'm sorry that it went badly for you! LOL