tom and i went to rumbi last night for dinner and below is the conversation i had with the cashier...
fresh-faced 16 year old cashier: hi, welcome to rumbi, what can i get you?
me: yeah, i think i'll try your crispy orange chicken bowl with white rice.
cashier: [looking like a deer caught in the headlights]...ummmm...
me: [pointing to promotional card sitting NEXT TO cash register] that right there, the crispy orange chicken bowl.
cashier:...ummmm...okay....so you want a rice bowl?
me: yes, the crispy orange chicken one...with white rice
cashier: [scanning cash register furiously for right button]...okay...so for rice bowls you have to pick the meat, the sauce and type of rice that you want. what kind of meat would you like?
me: [looking dumbfounded by the stupidity of that question]...ummm
cashier: OH! never mind, i found it! sorry, my fault! [nervous laughter]. you said white rice, right?
seriously, it was almost as bad as when i went to wendy's and ordered half fruit punch half lemonade for my drink, and the girl asked which one i wanted put in the cup first!
oh, and by the way, the crispy orange chicken bowl wasn't even good, so don't waste your money!
13 comments:
too funny
I worked at McDonald's when I was 16 and I thought that job was hard. The manager called me and my friend Dumb and Dumber. I'm pretty sure she still works there.
wow...i wish I could have seen what was going through the girls head.
Too funny... I do want some recipes! thanks
OH BOY! Cant stop laughing! Seriously kids these days-at least he spoke english right.
Oh I miss Rumbi! It's one of the places I crave but can't get anything even close in North Carolina.
I LOVE IT!!!!! That cracks me up! I would pay to see that in person!
That is hilarious, I was going to ask if it was good, so thanks for the last part!!!!
I just laughed I'm sorry that happened to you but that is too funny!
That's pretty funny, but you want to know what's making me laugh the hardest? Imagining your face while the cashier was having a brain fart. No WONDER the cashier was nervous, I'll bet daggers were coming from your eyes!! ha ha ha!
That completely cracks me up.
DUDE... pretty pathetic.
Thanks for the link
That is hillarious!!!! That makes me nervous for the future too!
Post a Comment