7.16.2008

aaaand, i'm back!

hooray! after 10 crazy hot days in phoenix i'm home! and while hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law was a great plus, i was actually down there training to be an editor for my sister-in-law's wedding film company...a job i am SO excited to be starting! if you want to check out darby's work, you can see it at

http://myweddingfilm.com/flicks/

she is seriously amazing and i'm thrilled to be working for her!

needless to say though, taking care of a three year old and one year old while learning something that i have zero experience in got a bit hairy at times (i.e. traveling on the plane with two kids, elliot vomiting in darby's parent's car, etc.) but jon and darby were so patient with all of us and we ended up having the best time. i actually didn't even mind the heat! here's a couple of fun pics from the trip! thanks again guys, i'll see you in a couple of weeks (sans the children)!




this is the cage we kept elli in while we worked...(kidding, people!)




it was monsoon season so we (and by "we" i mean jon and the kids) had fun playing in the water. miss was sportin' a 'fro the whole time since it was so humid!





couple of pics of the arizona temple. the second one is of a cactus garden on the grounds around the temple. it was pretty cool. and yes, i know my brother looks like my husband in the first picture.






uncle jon being the fun guy that he is...




oh, i almost forgot! jon and darby have a cafe rio down the street from them (it was mormon central in there), and it has something called "taco tuesday" where you can buy all the tacos you want for just a $1 a piece!!! why is this not a feature at the utah locations?! i propose that we cafe rio lovers unite and demand "taco tuesday" from all utah locations...or at least the one on 53rd!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I demand that we get this implemented in the Cafe Rios here in Utah. I just had their coconut shrimp tacos yesterday, and they were heaven in a tortilla.

My brother and SIL used to live in Mesa, and I'm pretty sure Hell is colder.

Mom / Jolene said...

ah yes, the Humid 'Fro. I know it well. Sorry Miss! So glad you are home!

Ginger said...

You always get the best jobs.

Carrie said...

I can't wait to see something you have edited! I've told you before and I'll tell ya again, this job is perfect for you because you are opinionated and you have great taste! Excellent combo!
Welcome back!!
I can relate to Miss' afro. I also enjoy that experience when I go someplace humid. It's best to just embrace the fro and act like you MEANT it to look that way!

Sedge said...

Hey Laura!
I looked at the wedding file website and was so impressed. It sounds like a great job... the kids are so darling.

Nate and Heidi said...

Sounds like you had a good time- I love the heat. Good luck with the new job- sounds exciting. And I love your bargains!

The Airharts said...

Yeah I am so happy that you are back-I want to call and chat with with my only friend. And I have missed all the updates-anyhooo-good pics, Im glad that it turned out fun-I'll get all the details later

E, Me & I said...

Really, is there anything you can't do? You are so talented.....and it's a breeze for ya.

Megan said...

I also know that sadness of the hair. I think she looks darling. We are excited to come to AZ in February. I'm glad you had lots of fun and glad that you're home.

The Whites said...

Glad you had fun in hot Arizona!!!!