here i am testing out the waters...
...and obviously it was a bit too hot still!
check out the concentration in that face!
gotta love the classic "kid picking their nose" picture
the ultimate goal of the taffy pull is to have the palest taffy rope. not to toot my own horn or anything, but i have been the reigning champion for the past couple of years now! although, my dad give me a run for my money this year!
when your rope is ready, you have to lay it out and cut it into delicious bite sized pieces. growing up, my mom would put each of our pieces into plastic baggies and we would take it to school the next day to share with our friends!
as always, it was lots of fun!
and just because they're so dang cute...
i had to post these pictures of the girls with their papa and of miss!
9 comments:
Your posting created flash-back memories for me! My family used to make taffy all the time!! I can still remember the "burn" in my arms (and fingers) from pulling the taffy for what felt like hours! Okay, we should have a taffy making enrichment night or something like that. :) Tasty stuff.
Your daughters are adorable!!!
Looks like a fun tradition and a great way to get a work out. Congratulations on being the palest.
we are totally pulling taffy tonight!!
How fun!! We don't really have any traditions. We used to pull taffy ocasionally though. Is it the more you pull the softer the taffy becomes? My taffy always was really hard.
love the boots! Good find!!!
That is so much fun! I wish I knew how to make taffy. CUte pictures.
What a great tradition--especially because I love taffy (so if you're looking for someone to share them with...)!!! Your girls are darling and I can't keep Lily's fingers out of her nose (usually both nostrils at once)--what do you do?!?
Looks like fun!
That looks like so much fun! I want to learn how to do that someday! :)
Post a Comment