9.05.2008

once again, i'm in the minority.

hi! it's laura. remember me? i've been a bit neglectful of the blog...and for that i am truly sorry.

i'm also a gal that hates scrapbooking, crafts, SYTYCD? (so you think you can dance?), AI (american idol), "the bachelor", "the dark night" "top gun" (hated it long before tom cruise went all crazy and started calling matt lauer "glib") and i don't find matthew mcconaughey attractive. my friend missy is convinced that i only hate these things because the majority of the country LOVES them and i do it out of spite. heck, maybe she's right. who knows.

well according to this article, i'm REALLY in the minority, because apparently more than 4.7 BILLION people tuned in for the olympics.

4.7 billion?! that's 2 out of 3 people worldwide!

how much of the olympics did i watch? zero. none. nil. nada. not ONE MINUTE

...i'm not kidding...



clearly, i'm not a true american. forgive me?

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm going to have to think about forgiveness on this one. ;)

Oh, but I'm glad to have found another SYTYCD hater. I had never watched the show, but I saw some video clips on people's blogs, and I was so not impressed. I will never watch it.

The Airharts said...

Looooooser!oh and PS-stay away from my hot husband-you husband lover.-Hahaha

Nate and Heidi said...

You are an original. But I love it!

Casey and Diana said...

haha you sound so angry!! hey at least you like everything cool and funny such as the office and arrested development. haha.

Holly Strong said...

Hahaha! I dislike many of the shows you do too...yay for me! But I have to admit that I did watch a bit of the Olympics, but if it makes you feel any better I had no idea it was over. LOL

Carrie said...

First of all, did you have Kennedy write "michael who" on that picture of Michael Phelps? ha ha!

I love SYTYCD. If you watch it from the beginning of the season to the end you will be amazed at what the dancers can do! I don't understand how people cannot be impressed by the ability of the dancers.

Hey, do you watch 30 Rock? It's our favorite, right up there with The Office and Arrested Development!

Tamber said...

You are crazy. Eric and I were both sleep deprived the entire 3 weeks that the Olympics were on. We both love sports and with my swimming background, there was no missing anything in our house, in fact...we specifically got TiVo for the Olympics so that I wouldn't miss anything.

Ginger said...

I agree with you on all of these except for the Bachelor and American Idol. I used to hate AI but now I think it is fun because if you watch it from the start some people make a**es out of themselves and then there are the good ones who you start rooting for. Plus it helps that there often seems to be a Mormon or a Utahn in the finals. I did watch the olympics but if it weren't for my hubby I probably wouldn't have. I LOVE to watch opening ceremonies though and I LOVE LOVE gymnastics but that is all. And I don't like Tom Cruise. Never have. I liked it when people were bashing him for acting like a psycho.

Toni said...

Really? You are not joking? I think it may be hard to still be friends, but considering your talent for great finds and restoration of items from the DI, I think we can work thru it :) I am surprised that you enjoy blogging since it is so popular. Crap, I just ruined it for you didn't I! And by the way, not watching the bachelor is practiically blasphemy!

Ashley Outnumbered said...

I was only interested in the Michael Phelps stuff. That mean's I probably watched a total of 16 minutes of the Olympics. My husband watched a ton, so I could always here it playing in my house...now it's been replaced by college football. Blech! :)
Haven't talked to you in awhile. Hope all is good at the Hildebrand Home!

Unknown said...

Dude, how could you miss THE OLYMPICS?! You like missed some the most patriotic, inspiring, and incredible moments in our history!!!