when they did the ultrasound on her kidneys she FREAKED and that kind of set the mood for how the rest of the day went.
for the renal scan they had to give her a catheter that's filled with radioactive dye to see if there's still any reflux going on. once again she was not a happy camper. the worst part of it was that they had to strap her arms and legs down onto a table and she had to lay there for half an hour while the dye made it's way through her kidneys and bladder.
i was able to snap a couple of pics after she had calmed down.
(they also had to put sandbags on her limbs to keep her down. it was a pretty sad sight!)
unfortunately she still has some reflux in her left kidney, which means another follow-up appointment in 18 months, but we're still very grateful that she hasn't had to have surgery yet.
let's hope her next one will be her last!
8 comments:
I'm sort of surprised they don't give her some valium or something. poor little poppet. that has got to be traumatic.
oh the poor little girl-that is so sad...I would be mad if they did that to me! Glad she still dosnt need the surgary though!
She looks so dejected. I'm with mom, I can't believe they didn't give her a cocktail of some kind. Just to chill her out. She looks like she calmed down pretty okay. AAhhhh.
Oh man, I hate these kinds of things. Viv has spent a lot of time with doctors and stuff and it seriously sucks! It is hard to see your kids that way!
What a sad little face! Does it just break your heart? I'm with Jolene...I think some valium is definitely called for...or that forgetfulness drug they give you before a colonoscopy. Balian hasn't had to have any of his vaccinations yet, but I think Scott will have to be the one to take him to those appointments!
That is the saddest thing ever...poor little thing. I would hate it too! I hope she gets a clean bill of health next time. Just so sad...
That SERIOUSLY made my eyes water! I am a cry baby... I would have had to leave if they did that to my baby. So sad. I love my little ell--bells.
I know if started really traumatic, but doesn't it make you proud to be her mom when you see those pictures of her--all calm and quiet and just accepting what is happening? She is a super star!! You go girl!
Post a Comment