1.12.2010

before there was blogging...

for activity days this month we're going to talk about the importance of keeping journals. in preparing for this class, i found my old journals and started going through them.

check out my very first one. an awesome teal and gold personalized notebook from 'deseret book'.



looking back and reading old entries, the thing that kept running through my head was "holy crap i was a dork!"

would you like some proof? here's an entry from exactly 12 years ago.



keep in mind this was the same year tom and i started dating and i seriously thought i was SO mature.

the last journal entry i ever made was in september of 2001. that is, until i started blogging in october of 2007. when i first started our blog, i didn't consider it anything more than a means to keep my family and friends in touch with what was going on in our lives, but as i look back and read old posts i've realized that keeping up this blog has been a great way to journal our lives.

something that 'facebook' just can't touch.

so my point is... keep blogging my friends! you won't regret it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck that journal entry is so FUNNY!!!! I have looked back at mine and they are so funny to read. Blogging is a good way to journal your life especially since you have kids. Keep it up I LOVE your blog.

Furabll

Nate and Heidi said...

I have so many journal entrees that are so lame- I would never post-you are brave and I love it! I couldn't find the color you gave me at Lowe's so I looked it up online and matched a little that way, but ended up going with something that I think has a little more turquoise in it.. thank you though- the comparisons helped

The Buckley's said...

That journal entry is hilarious! Ha! I love your header too. Gosh would you make me a cute one already? And we are moving SO close to you in a couple weeks. We'll for sure have to get together more often.

Tamber said...

I'm with ya on that one. A lot of people have stopped blogging. I purely do it for recording things about my family.

Sedge said...

You seriously crack me up! Loved the journal entry. I'll have to pull out one of my old diaries...thanks for making me laugh. AJ

Megan said...

I have so many journal entry's about boys, its ridiculous. I have always thought of my blog as a journal. You really were very mature back then. How funny!!!