10.07.2008

so many choices...

the following is a conversation held about a week and a half ago.

me: thomas, this box that says "shoes" is full of all of my shoes. please, please, PLEASE don't pack it in the pod.

thomas: okay.

next day...moving day

me: thomas, don't forget, DO NOT pack my shoes away. they need to go with us to my parent's house.

thomas: alright.

well, folks. you guessed it. my shoes are nicely tucked away between a box of kitchen appliances and some mattresses.

so, now i have the choice of wearing*...

a) my scabby red flip-flops
b) my scabby blue flip-flops

or

c) my super cute brown snake-skin heels



i know. the typical girl would be all, "sweet, an excuse to buy new shoes!". but i'm just too cheap for that. i have a huge box of perfectly good shoes sitting in that pod and i refuse to buy new ones!


the next half of this post is mostly for you, missy. i know, it's KILLING you that you can't see where we're living. so here it is. my parent's house, our temporary residence...



(no idea why the picture's so crooked)

here's tom doing a sudoku puzzle



doesn't he look thrilled?

and here's elli in her favorite spot...watching "barney" from nana's chair





*yes, yes. i'm fully aware that there are people in this world that would be grateful to own three pair of shoes...i'm really not complaining, i find it amusing more than anything.

11 comments:

The Airharts said...

Yeah!!! Thanks-that helps me so much to know where tom is sitting playing his games-ha ha. No really-cute house-I love the stain glass hanging in the window!!! Sorry about your shoes-such a husband thing.

Carrie said...

Oh my...you should at least go to Walmart and buy some shoes you can wear in cold weather! ha ha ha!

Have you found a house in my neighborhood yet?? :)

Kristina P. said...

Definitely the sexy heels. Work it out!

The Buckley's said...

Oh dear husbands! Do they listen to anything you say? That really sucks!

Ginger said...

Looks like we both have some isshoes. Sorry. That was retarded.

Ambyr said...

Nathan would totally do the same thing to me, I'm truly convinced that he doesn't listen to much of anything that I say! Good luck with the shoes.

Sedge said...

Mmmm.... maybe one of the reasons I don't have one...but yours sure is cute. I bet he was really sorry too. That might be good for some extra honey-dos. xoxo AJ

Unknown said...

That's totally something Jarom would do! LOL
I definitely think you should go with the snake skin heels! We miss you guys - you've gotta move back into the ward!!!!!

Nate and Heidi said...

Oh my gosh- men are all the same. The situation is so ridiculously stupid but yes, so funny too.

Toni said...

I am so sad that you have moved, you crack me up. I loved that story, I laughed so hard! Good luck with the house hunting :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.