2.18.2008

i'm officially a creepy stalker...and donny osmond smells good!

now, i know what you're thinking...i've somehow gotten so stalkerish-ly close to donny osmond that i had the privilage of smelling him. actually, that couldn't be further from the truth. however, i DID get to be in the same room with him on sunday! his nephew is in our ward and donny made an appearance for their baby's blessing. he didn't stay long enough for me to get close to him, but word from the kid that held the microphone during the blessing is that he smelled really good. so there you have it!



on to the creepy stalker part...this story will probably go down as one of my most embarassing moments in a REALLY long time! as some of you know, my super fun neighbors who live directly behind us just moved out this weekend. goodbye, airharts! we're going to miss you guys. we'll always treasure the summer evenings sitting on the hill, missy's yummy treats, and jake's compulsive lies (WHAT?! the cottonwood mall DIDN'T get blown up?) i digress...they stopped by after church yesterday to say goodbye, and were telling me that they had peeked into their house and the new owners had painted their living room almost the exact same color as ours. i knew that they weren't moving in until monday, and being the oh, so nosy person that i am, i threw on tom's work boots, along with my multi-colored heart pajama bottoms and grungy t-shirt, and wandered over to take a peek. as i was peering through their back window, i realized that the image looking back at me was not my reflection, but was the new owner inside staring back at me! CRAP!! she opened the back door, and i KNEW i had to have been bright red, and i stammered something stupid about how i was their new neighbor and didn't realize they had moved in yet, blah, blah, blah...knowing the whole time that this girl must think i'm some psycho stalker lady. she was very nice and introduced herself and her husband, and didn't act too creeped out by the fact that i was looking in their windows, but needless to say, that first impression SUCKED! any ideas on how to redeem myself?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this post! I had to tell Jarom about it too! LOL! I would have guessed that Donny Osmond smells good - that lucky kid who got to hold the microphone!!! ;)
Maybe you should take some cookies over to the new neighbors to make up for being so nosy! No, I'm sure that they don't think you're weird - you're not the only one who's looked into a house that you think no one's living in!

Carrie said...

That is the funniest situation EVER!!! I have an aunt who is always getting herself into those situations. We always say "Aunt sharon is really flexible, she can fit BOTH her feet into her mouth at the same time!"
I think the best defense at this point is to just laugh about it. When you see her just say "remember the time I was trying to see your paint color and you were staring back at me?" and then laugh really hard!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Laura! I laughed so hard about your new neighbor. Hopefully you will be able to laugh about it. If not just know you gave everyone else a great laugh! Got a love you Laura!

mindy said...

Wow, that would be embarassing, not to mention a bit freaky. Did you scream when you saw someone staring back at you? Maybe you made her scream. I know I would have screamed if I saw some stranger staring at me from outside my house.
So, did she have the same paint color?

laura said...

yeah! it REALLY was almost the exact paint color! they were doing a faux finish over it though.

Unknown said...

Ha ha, I would suggest keeping your distance for a while! I wouldn't approach them at least for a couple days. And then I'm sure you'll become friends soon and you can laugh about it later!

The Buckley's said...

Holy Crap! I laughed so hard when missy told me. But guess what? When we left your house on Sunday I peeked in the window and she was in there mixing the paint but I think I got away with out her seeing. We are creepy neighbors! We should take her some cookies together so that we can get in there and get a good look.

Holly Strong said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! That is so funny!!! I'm glad she seemed nice, maybe you'll become really good friends. I think you should take them cookies and properly introduce yourself. Good Luck, I hope to hear more.