2.23.2008

ikea on a saturday...

i was jonesing for some new bedside lamps, because the ones we had had a metal chain with a ball attached at the end of them and every time we touched them, or even walked past them for that matter, the ball would make a "pinging" sound (technical term) against the lamp and after five years it had just about driven me to insanity! so tom and i decided to brave ikea on a saturday. it was total and utter chaos but i'd had my eye on these beauties for a while now, so i finally broke down and bought them. you like?

9 comments:

The Buckley's said...

Oh I like them a lot! How much were they!!!

Unknown said...

Very nice! They look super-chic with your bedspread and I really like the pictures of your cute girls above your bed.

Holly Strong said...

Very cute!! I have been avoiding Ikea until we get into the new house. I can't wait to go and browse. Davis promised me an Ikea "date" after the big move. LOL

Amy said...

Very nice! Your bedding and bedroom colors look very similar to what Russ and I have in our room. I love Blue and Brown together. You obviously have good taste. I love how the paint colors and how you have decorated your house. I think you should become a interior decorator. I would hire you!!

darbs said...

like? i love.

Jenny said...

I love the lamps... but you had a very upset daughter when I told her she missed out on Kikea... Oops! Thanks for letting me steal her away though! It was nice to finally take her again!

Becca said...

wow-your bedroom looks more like a hotel room (a super fancy hotel, that is)! so serene and calm-i bet you sleep well! love the lamps, gotta love ikea!

judy said...

You have such great taste and style. My taste has changed to the more modern/retro style. I can tell you like it too.
I can't tell you how much I dislike the "french country" look and the faux painted walls...enough already!

Unknown said...

I totally love your lamps! I haven't been to ikea yet, but I really need to go! I've seen lots of great stuff that people have bought there.