2.22.2008

flashback friday-kindergarten photo



my friend holly heward has a post on her blog that reads "you know you're a product of the '80's when..." and proceeds to list all the horrible fads that went along with growing up in the '80's. unfortunately it failed to list "when you have a school picture where you're pointlessly standing next to an oval oak mirror." i seriously can't figure out the reasoning behind it (thoughts, darby?). but other than the weird mirror situation, i think this picture is pretty okay...except for maybe the pseudo-sailor outfit that my mother chose for me to wear (sorry, mom!). it's cute and all, but doesn't it almost look like a costume?

8 comments:

Becca said...

Love it! You look so cute! And you look so much like Kennedy! The mirror totally completes the photo :)

Holly Strong said...

Wow, I know who Kennedy looks like!!! LOL! It's cute, I should find mine....pretty sad I'm sure.

judy said...

You know, I wanted to wear a "sailor" top for my wedding engagement picture; that is how much I loved them. I looked everywhere for one. Anyway, it was a great choice for your kindergarten picture :) Your hair is so long and so cute with the bow! I can see a lot of Simon in you.
Judy

J S said...

The 80's were all about costume - think Dynasty and Flashdance. You just fit right in.

J S said...

That last comment was by my alter ego, "Tryout" Sorry......
Mother Dearest.

The Buckley's said...

I can't believe how much you look like Kennedy! Way cute picture!!!!

Jonathan said...

You need to scan and send me mine now. I know I have one of those with my awesome bowl haircut.

Unknown said...

I think that I had a sailor shirt like that too! So funny!