see that rug she's sitting on? it's the same cheap boring brown area rug that we've had for the last 5 years. and since i don't have $250 lying around to fork over for a new one i decided to try painting it!
i'd seen some other blogs that had done a zig zag pattern and i absolutely loved them and thought it'd be a fun (and cheap) chance to kick my decorating up another notch.
i know it's not everybody's style but i think it's such a fun addition to the room and makes it feel a lot less stuffy and formal in there!
i wish i'd taken some "before" pictures and some pictures of the whole measuring and painting process. once i figured out what i was doing it was pretty simple, so if any of you want directions on how i did it let me know!
12 comments:
I LOVE it Laura....so fun.
So VERY cool.
it turned out so cool! Nice job!
It looks awesome!!
You have such an amazing eye, Laura! Honestly, I am just in awe whenever I see the wonderful things you come up with. When we get a house, will you be my decor-guru???
I love it! It looks so fabulous! Way to inspire others! May ask what kind of paint you went with?
You have amazing taste! What a cute idea! LOVE it!
two things I noticed in the pic.....the pink pops. nice.
and the trellis motif is consistent. ( noticed again the little white table) good job! you got the gene, that's for sure - documented in family lore ever since your great great grandmother put on men's coveralls to paid her house!
Once again, cute. But really? How in the world do you find the time? Can you give me some of your energy please?
that looks awesome. good job laura!
You must be a mathematical genius to get that pattern to work out so perfectly! It looks great.
i love love love it! Want to come to my house and do mine?
I pay in cupcakes and compliments.
Post a Comment