1.15.2012

friday the 13th

elli had her kidney/bladder surgery on the 13th.

i think we were all really nervous going into it; but she had a great doctor and we knew she was being put in good hands and we were so excited at the prospect of this being all over!

they started by taking her basic vitals



and then some waiting in the pre-op room



after waiting in the pre-op room for about an hour and a half they took her back {with surprisingly NO TEARS from anyone!} and we settled into the parent's waiting room for a long 3 hours.



she came out looking really pale and with a mystery mark on her cheek, even the nurse was wondering what it was from. we decided it was probably tape from her breathing tube.







after she woke up she was in a bit of pain so they gave her morphine... followed by her throwing up off and on for the next 7 hours. she also somehow moved around so much that her catheter came out, and since they were pumping her up with so much fluid from her i.v. she was up all night to go pee EVERY 45 minutes.

it was a really rough night but by the next day she was doing much better. she even sat up to get her nails painted.



and we were on our way home by that afternoon!



she's basically as good as new now!

thanks to everyone for the love, concern, well wishes, and help we received!

we're so glad it's all OVER!

7 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

I'm so glad that everything went well hopefully everything will continue to go well.

DaNette said...

We were so glad to see everyone doing so well when we came over today. We were worried for little Ellie. She is such a fun girl!

I'm glad Coby is not the only Dad that paints nails. It looks like we caught ourselves some good ones!

Yay for it being over!

Mom / Jolene said...

those pictures make me so sad.

dennisandsong said...

Glad she is ok. Those things are just plain tough!!

Amberley said...

Poor little thing, I am so glad things went well.

Chelsea said...

I'm so glad it all worked out.
She's just the cutest lil trooper. I'm sure it was harder for you to see her in surgery...I can't even imagine!

Sedge said...

So glad it went well. The pics are precious. I love that Tom is a nail painter! Kiss the girl for me.
AJ