12.30.2011

a post for melissa salmond airhart

so... my christmas festivity picture taking was kind of spotty, but i'm posting the pictures i DID take just for you, missy! she's always harassing me that i don't post on the blog anymore and when i do blog there's not enough pictures!

so here ya go!

let's start with making cookies for santa...



unfortunately i suck at baking and therefore don't do it that often; so when the time came around to dye the frosting the only colors i had were yellow, purple & BLACK... so that's what we used! i don't know why i didn't get a picture of the cookies all frosted, but trust me, they were pretty much the ugliest christmas cookies you've ever seen.







remember back to 2 seconds ago when i told you i suck at baking? well, i tried to make chocolate peppermint cookies for my neighbor gifts and they turned out like crap, so we had to forgo the neighbor gifts and instead i bought coloring books for miss' neighborhood friends and we took those around.



tom & i were out on a hot date a couple of months ago {trolling the d.i.} and found this awesome vintage bike for $15! it was in bad shape but tom gave it a fresh paint job and we ordered some new tires for it and gave it to miss on christmas morning!

isn't it purdy?!



it was a hit christmas morning!



our elli bells loves to jump on EVERYTHING {including any and all furniture in the house} and she kept asking for a tramp for christmas, so we bought a cheap-o walmart exercise tramp to keep in the playroom. all the kids love it!





after church it was time to head over to nana & papa's...

the parents went on a 10 day caribbean cruise the week before christmas and brought back some awesome hawaiian-style shirts for the boys.



blurry {but still cute} picture. anyone have any tricks to taking pictures in low light, without the flash and not having it turn out blurry? and yes, sawyer is playing with a barbie. he's cool like that.



NERD ALERT!

okay... i may have joined in on the puzzle action, too...



cute baby jake entertaining himself in a drawer...



speaking of drawers, look what my tommy h. got me for christmas!

he installed a plug into the drawer of my bathroom cabinet so the blow dryer can always be plugged in and it won't sit on the counter all week!

holy cow, i love that man!



please ignore all the ugliness going on in that bathroom... we have big plans for in there so stay tuned!

was that enough, missy?!

6 comments:

The Airharts said...

Oh my gosh....I am so excited to see ALL of them! Thanks for making me happy...what a good friend. In a year year you will be happy that I made you do it! No-really, I love it...dying over the frosting colors!

Carrie said...

I'm also laughing about the frosting colors! ha ha ha! by the way, what do you mean you suck at baking?? I remember you gave all your neighbors homemade rolls last year!! If you can make rolls, you can make anything. Your Christmas looked very fun! Happy new year!!

Chelsea said...

I love the drawer plug. We're adding a bathroom (uh, gotta get that started soon so it's done before this kiddo arrives) and I'm now inspired to make sure that's a MUST. Currently my blowdryer IS sitting on the counter...

And I LOVE the bike remodel. Best ever. And she'll never know, but if she does, she'll think her mom and dad made her a bike for Christmas one year.

You guys are awesome-sauce.

Ginger said...

I don't know, for things like Christmas Day I just use the flash. It's not the most artistic looking but I wouldn't want to miss something. Your pictures look great and Christmas looked fun.

Jana said...

So do you miss me yet? Glad you had a good Christmas.

Heather Jeppsen said...

Just so you don't think that was creepy, I was logged in under my mom's account.