we've been shifting rooms like crazy around here, and my main project lately has been trying to put the boys' rooms together!
since moving the girls downstairs, i decided to put sawyer in their old room. i really didn't have a lot of money to spend so i had to make due with what i had and i love how it turned out!
let me remind you of the paint job before...
definitely not suitable for a growing little man! (although i have to admit that i was REALLY sad to see those fun scallops go!)
so on tom's last trip up to idaho to visit his dad, he swiped some vintage license plates from him and i've been dying to get them hung on the wall!
holy cow, i'm in LOVE!
also, my parents had a spare dresser sitting in their basement that i snagged. my original plan was to paint it a really bright red, but after a crappy paint job (thanks to me) tom started sanding it and i actually liked the look of it better!
i also wanted to add something over his crib and had some frames lying around, so i spray-painted them black and then printed out his name in different fonts on fun paper. super easy!
the new baby's room is almost done and i'll post some pics once it is!
p.s. i'm looking for a changing pad to put on top of the dresser (i've never had a dresser low enough to change my babies on before). if there's anyone looking to get rid of theirs please let me know! (i don't need a cover for it, just the pad)
p.p.s. does anyone else HATE bloggers new posting format as much as i do?
10 comments:
OH MY...I LOVE IT! Great job, i'm in love with all of it! The dresser turned out amazing!
Seriously! You have so much creative talent it amazes me!!! I need to let you loose in my house for a few days, I bet you could give the place a nice facelift! I haven't noticed a new blogger format...what is it doing?
Nice work! I agree the new format was weird. I went back to the old.
i'm sure tom would agree that one of those licence plates would look better on my car...... :)
when dad got that dresser, it was white, then we had it stripped and now its painted again. wonder if it will ever be stripped again.
Fantastic job! You always have such creative ideas...
I don't know where you find the time and energy for these projects but I think you are amazingly talented. Can't wait to see what the babies room looks like.
I love seeing the old license plates (they used to hang in our old house garage on Delia Dr) - what a great look for a boy's room! You have such a great sense of style...
Love it! You are so creative. I would love to come and see your home sometime.
I love the license plates.
And I'm sad to see the scallops go, too! I think they're why I first bookmarked your blog!
{[I'm going to do them in my sewing room}
Post a Comment