7.26.2011

crappy news...

elli had her annual V.C.U.G. test done today; and unfortunately things have not improved. her kidney's haven't grown the way that they should be and the reflux is still present, so it looks like surgery is in the future.

i feel so bad for the poor thing every time she has to do this!

first up was the ultrasound.



getting ready for the catheter



obviously not a happy camper... she had to sit on a little potty while the dye moved through her bladder and kidneys.



we're crossing our fingers that the surgery will fix all of these problems and we'll never have to do another V.C.U.G ever again!

10 comments:

Heather Jeppsen said...

That poor little face. Breaks your heart, but hopefully this will fix everything and she'll be healthy.

The Airharts said...

Nooooo! I am so sad for you guys!I'll call you later and chat all about it. That picture is heart breaking!

Chelsea said...

Awwwww, that last picture is so heartbreaking. What a brave girl. Let's hope this is the last step to being taken care of! Poor lil Elli! Hang in there, Laura.

Carrie said...

That is crappy news! It's so frustrating/scary when things aren't "normal" with the little ones. Hopefully the surgery will fix everything! Oh that last picture makes my heart hurt! Love you guys!

Nielsen Family said...

I'm so sorry Laura, how sad for her today not a good day. I hope that the surgary will do the trick and she won't need to deal with this for the rest of her life please let me know if we can help in any way.

Holly said...

So sad. As a tech I always hated doing V.C.U.G.'s. They're the worst. Hopefully surgery will improve everything and no more V.C.U.G.'s!

Sedge said...

I hope not either! My poor little friend! That just makes my heart break to see the tears. Kiss her for me. I'm crossing my fingers.

The Buckley's said...

oh my gosh that breaks my heart. i can not take that crying face. i hope everything goes well with the surgery. let me know when it is so i can help out somehow.

dennisandsong said...

So sad!! I'm so sorry she has to and you all have to go through it!! So yucky! You guys are in our prayers!

DaNette said...

That last picture broke my heart. What an sweet and adorable little girl that has to be so brave when she's still so little. It's just not fair.