6.21.2011

newest additions to the home!

we've added lots of fun things to the house over the last couple of months. first, since my parents moved to a smaller home, i got to have the piano that i learned to play on when i was little.

miss absolutely LOVES having it!



next up, i also got to have my grandma's old dresser; and since i'm having a borderline obsession with jade/mint green i couldn't resist painting it!



i even kept the old hardware on it... untouched! that's really a first for me! i'm usually taking a can of spray paint to everything, but i just really loved these the way they were.



since we got the piano and dresser, a couple of other big pieces ended up getting moved around and i was able to put this console table next to my bed as a little desk area. i'm excited to get this looking cute! including painting the turquoise lamps...

color choices:

orange
yellow
black

thoughts?



oh, what... you don't have a slide going down your deck? bummer.





free slide + a handy husband = hours of fun!

4 comments:

The Airharts said...

How fun is that slide! You will be the talk of the 1st graders for sure! The piano fits great in that spot, and I am in love with your dresser! Nice color choice and I am the same way-Always keep the hardware!!!!

Heather Jeppsen said...

That's funny because we totally did that with our slide before they put it together and right before we tore our deck out. Maybe yellow lamps? Love how the dresser turned out. Glad you found a color.

Sedge said...

LOVE the slide. What a great way to get outside fast! I vote for a lemon yellow or magenta would look good too. I'm sure whatever you pick will look terrific.

The Buckley's said...

I just drove past your house today and saw the slide and wondered if that was always there or what. I showed braxton and he almost died he loved it so much!!! That dresser is adorable!