4.07.2011

"afters!"

yay! we're finally done with our "office" project!



notice any major differences? like the new DOOR, maybe?

tommy h. decided to build a closet under our stairs for a better place to store his video game collection, which meant we could take down the massive wall of shelves!

("afters" of that wall coming soon!)



so the "man cave" has been downgraded to a "man closet"



the best part? he made a hole through the wall so that we could stick all of our computer wires through it and keep the printer, computer tower, power strips, etc. in the closet on the other side of the wall! this means no more little ones turning on and off the computers all day!



and no ugly wires showing under the desk!



we also bought a new desk since our last one was getting pretty hammered and added the cabinets above which i LOVE!



oh, and one last shot of my fun mouse pads! i designed them and then had them made at walmart! so easy!



stay tuned for pics of the other half of the room!

10 comments:

The Buckley's said...

I love it. It looks so good! Hey Lauryn goes off track on monday so i'll be calling so we can get the kids together and hang out.

Mom / Jolene said...

i'm so glad i will live by you and meg; then you can ramp up my new place...when you two run out of your own projects.

Holly said...

LOVE it! You're so creative.

Ginger said...

I have that same "H" by the mouse pad but it's not an "H", it's an "E" if you can beleive that. You guys are so ambitous with your house! Love it.

Heather Jeppsen said...

That turned out geat! I love it. And love the no wire idea.

DaNette said...

Nice! Now Coby is going to want a "man closet" for all of his random (and here I would add useless) "stuff."

I love the cabinets, it really cleans up the space and hides all your "randoms."

Now you just get to enjoy.

Chelsea said...

That looks SO SO good, Laura! I'm very impressed.

Nielsen Family said...

I like it the closet idea for all the stuff you don't want little finger touching how great one less thing to worry about!

The Airharts said...

AHHHHHH, oh my gosh it turned out amazing! Can we trade husbands...I think we all know it would work out better for all of us;) haha. Seriously...amazing. Love the mouse pad too!

Amberley said...

Wow it looks great. My biggest pet peeve is the wires so kudos to getting rid of them.